Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Museum of Photographic Arts

















On may 3rd, 2008 I went to the Museum of Photographic Arts right after I visited the Ordover Gallery. I went to both in the same day because they are both located in Balboa Park. I really enjoyed MOPA. I liked how there were so many different photos. It was really hard to pick out a favorite piece!

One picture that stood out to me was Fredric Robert’s “Dark Eyes.” It is of a mysterious Indian lady. I really liked this particular photo because I feel like it tells a story. This photo is of the Humanitas exhibition. It is basically images of India by Fredric Roberts. Many of his photos are portraits. “Dark Eyes” is a really pretty photo because of the composition and colors that are in it. This is definitely a favorite of mine!

Another photo that stood out to me was Edward Weston’s “Nude.” This particular picture was taken in 1934. The medium is gelatin silver print. It is of a nude lady sitting down. It’s black and white and I believe it is done in a very tasteful manner. I think it is a gorgeous picture.

After seeing many photos, I would really like to take more portraits. I think they are simple and at the same time mysterious.

No comments: