Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The Ordover Gallery










On Saturday May 3rd, 2008 I went to the Ordover Gallery in Balboa Park. There was an exhibition called "Photography at the Poles" and it was really intriguing. I have never seen such interesting pictures in my life! There were pictures of the Artic, Antarctic, beautiful landscapes, and wildlife as well. Every single picture in that gallery was visually pleasing. I thought it was really cool to see the artworks of photographers of the National Geographic. One of my favorite photos was by Ralph Lee Hopkins. Ralph Lee Hopkins takes many photos of the artic. This particular photo was of a polar bear. It was of a little cub jumping. I thought it was so neat how he caught that moment on film.

Another artist that really got my attention was Bill Atkinson. His pictures were absolutely beautiful. I couldn’t take my eyes off of them. One picture in particular is “Blue Wall.” It is a picture of ice and how it naturally turns into the most beautiful sculptures.

My favorite photo in the whole gallery was by Frans Lanting. It was of penguins marching up an iceberg. It is titled Chinstrap penguins on iceberg.” This has to be the coolest picture I have ever seen in my life. It’s utterly enchanting. It is so beautiful and the blue is so soothing. The iceberg is enormous! It looks like an ice cathedral. It think it is so neat how eroding waves create art. I also love it because it reminds me of one of my favorite movies, “Happy Feet.”

No comments: